Jump to a subsection.
- Editorial Board Membership
- Ad Hoc Journal Referee
- Book Proposal Reviewer
- Grant Reviewer
- Conference Service
- Award Committee Member
I. Editorial Board Membership
- Human FActors (2006-2014)
- Journal of the Learning Sciences (1994-2001)
II. Ad Hoc Journal Referee
- Applied Ergonomics
- Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making
- Cognitive Science
- Cognition, Technology and Work
- Human Factors
- International Journal of Human-Computer Studies
- International Journal of Man-Machine Studies
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge & Data Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
- Teaching & Learning in Medicine
III. Book Proposal Reviewer
- Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (one full review of a proposal; one abbreviated review).
IV. Grant Reviewer
- JPC-1 Joint En Route (Medical) Care Initiative, 2015.
- NSF-CISE 2015.
- NASA-Ames SBIR reviewer, Summer, 2002.
- NSF International Research Fellowship Program and Americas Program, Spring 2002.
- NSF Early Career Award, Decision, Risk and Management Sciences, Fall 2001.
- NASA-Ames Autonomy and Information Management Program, Human Centered Computing, February, 1998.
V. Conference Service
Festschrift in Honor of James G. Greeno APS Festschrift coordinated with NYC Convention, (Primary Organizer with R. Engel, R. Hall, N. Nerssessian).
IJCAI Workshop on "Integrated Human-Machine Intelligence in Aerospace Systems", (Co-Organizer with G.A. Boy), August, 1989, Detroit, MI.
Program Committee Service
Reviewer, First International IFIP Working Conference on Value-Driven Social Semantics & Collective Intelligence (VaSCo) at ACM Web Science 2013
and co-located with Hypertext 2013, CHI 2013, Paris, May.
Program Committee Member, Language and Social Media Workshop Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, 2011.
Program Committee Member, HCI-Aerospace, Seattle, WA, Fall, 2006.
Reviewer, International Conference of the Learning Sciences 1998, Atlanta Georgia, December 1998.
40th Annual Meeting of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Reviewer, Technical Group on Organizational Design and Management.
Florida AI Research Symposium, May, 1994 Pensacola, Florida; May, 1995 Melbourne, Florida; May, 1996, Key West, Florida.
Third International Workshop on Human & Machine Cognition, May 13-15, 1993, Seaside, Florida.
Reviewer, Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education, 1993.
International Conference on Man-Machine Interface and Artificial Intelligence in Aeronautics and Space, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1995 Toulouse, France.
VI. Award Committee Member
David Marr Prize, Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 1994.