pramod [at] knoesis [dot] org,
pramod [dot] atre [at] gmail [dot]
Ohio Center of Excellence in
Knowledge-enabled Computing (Kno.e.sis)
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, Ohio 45435-0001
I am a PhD student at the Kno.e.sis Center, Wright State University, Dayton, OH.
in the area of Semantic Web
under the guidance of Dr. Amit P.
Sheth, who is the founder and director of Kno.e.sis Center.
I'm co-advised by Dr. T. K. Prasad with whom I work on devising algorithms to deal with
heterogeneity, uncertainty, incompleteness, and dynamism in domains such as sustainability (e.g.,
Smart Cities) and Healthcare.
My research interests include Semantic Web, Information Extraction,
Internet of Things (IoT), and knowledge
representation and reasoning under uncertainty using probabilistic reasoning techniques.
Specifically, I work on algorithms that can leverage existing knowledge of a domain (e.g.,
ConceptNet, domain ontology) to support probabilistic models. I enjoy applying my research to
challenging problems of extracting and understanding events in domains such as Smart Cities and
- I'm Interning at Bosch Research and Technology Center, Pittsburgh from May - Aug 2014.
- I was invited to present our work on Big Data and Smart Healthcare at the honors instute, Wright State University, March 2014.
- I was offered the Eric & Wendy Schmidt Data Science for Social Good Fellowship for Summer 2014
- A short article on my research appeared on our University
news room , Nov 2013.
- I'm a visiting doctoral student at Center for Communications and Systems Research (CCSR),
University of Surrey, UK, working on research related to CityPulse, Sep - Nov 2013
- Excited to be
invited to the Dagstuhl Seminar on Physical-Cyber-Social
Computing in Germany, Sep 29 - Oct 4, 2013
- Presented my paper on ontology evolution in
the context of Smart Cities at WIMS 2013, Madrid,
Spain, Jun 2013
- Offered a tutorial on
Data Processing and Semantics for Advanced Internet of Things (IoT) Applications: modeling,
annotation, integration, and perception at WIMS
2013, Madrid, Spain, Jun 2013
- Presented our paper on Traffic Analytics using Probabilistic
Graphical Models Enhanced with Knowledge Bases at the Analytics for Cyber Physical Systems
workshop, SIAM Conference on Data Mining (SDM), May 2013
- PC member, 5th Workshop on Semantics for Smarter Cities, collocated with the 13th International Semantic Web Conference, 2014
- PC member, Second International Workshop on Internet of Things, in Conjunction with CollaborateCom 2014
- PC member, Semantic Sensor Network Workshop, ISWC 2013
- PC member, ISWC 2014
- External reviewer, ESWC 2014
- PC member, The ICSE 2014 Workshop on Inclusive Web Programming
- PC member Hypertext 2014
- PC member WWW2014, Web Science Track
- External reviewer WWW2014
- PC member SSN Workshop, ISWC 2013
- PC member IEEE
- External reviewer, ISWC 2013
- PC member DeRiVE Workshop, ISWC 2013
- PC member IJCAI 2013
- PC member IEEE conference on Internet of Things, 2013
reviewer AAAI AIW 2013
- External reviewer WWW2013
- External reviewer HTS2013
- External reviewer WWW2012
- External reviewer EKAW2012
- External reviewer
SIAM (Society for Industrial and